Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company constantly striving to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole. We acknowledge that our solutions depend on the creativity, insight and integrity of our employees. Therefore, we empower the people within our organization, welcome their individual differences and enable them to work in multi-talented teams to produce inspired solutions. Ramboll US Corporation is seeking a full-time Engineering Consultant with environmental consulting experience to join our team in our Brookfield, WI office. Candidates must have a B.S. or M.S. engineering degree in a relevant discipline (Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geological Engineering, etc.) from an accredited institution and have 3-7 years of experience in a related field. Some travel (up to 30%) may be required. Typical responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collecting, compiling and evaluating soil, groundwater, surface water and soil gas sampling data to characterize chemicals in environmental media.
- Providing in-field technical assistance on site investigation and remediation projects.
- Applying engineering calculations, design and evaluation skills to solve environmental problems.
- Understanding of federal, state and local environmental regulatory requirements for soil, groundwater, soil gas, waste, air quality, and water quality programs as they relate to engineering investigation and remediation and preparing associated plans, permits, and reports.
- Interactions with clients, agency, and the public.
- Oversight of field projects and managing subcontractors.
Our ideal consultant should possess the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good time management and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability and willingness to work as responsible, independent team player in a consulting environment, including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Classwork or experience with engineering design, chemical fate and transport, hydraulic modeling, and/or GIS mapping a plus
- Understanding and application of WAC NR700 series rules, regulations and guidance
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations, this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear PPE on some occasions.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Workplace Brookfield, WI