Technician, Infrastructure & Highways team
We invite you to bring your professional experience of computing design software into play as you produce models for some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world. To succeed in this role you must have previous experience producing drawings for an engineering consultancy. Are you our new Technician, Infrastructure & Highways team? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Infrastructure & Highways department
As our new Technician you will be part of a pool of talent across the Ramboll Group combined with our UK-based expertise enables us to deliver projects ranging from cutting-edge pavilions and iconic structures to citywide master planning schemes and major infrastructure projects around the Globe. Ramboll operates a flexible working environment, including the opportunity to work from home when possible. Our Southampton office is on the fringes of the New Forest, offering a tranquil work environment unrivalled by a city centre office.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Producing 3D computer models and engineering drawings
- Producing technical supporting data such as specifications and reports
- Producing visualisations and animations
- Be a proactive team member engaging is business development
- Apply policies relating to health and safety, quality, and training
- Assist with site surveys and inspections
- Management of information in accordance with company procedures
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Professional experience in the preparation and management of engineering drawings
- Professional experience in operating the latest versions of AutoCad including the use of reinforcement detailing packages
- Professional experience in the use of 3d modelling applications
- Writing code using c# or other languages
- Experience in Information Management Systems such as ProjectWise
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: A desire to learn and grow; good communication skills, both written and oral, planning, organising and prioritising personal workload skills; ability to interact well with other team members and able to act on own initiative
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: 25th January 2019.