Group Strategy and Corporate Development
Executive Office, Ramboll Group
If you are a top-performing Management Consultant or Corporate professional with 2-5 years of experience and would like to shape the executive agenda of a leading multinational company, consider applying for the Strategy Partner position we offer.
What we offer
As a Strategy Partner in Group Strategy and Corporate Development you will be leading projects in a highly committed, professional team. You will become part of a project organisation and your assignments will vary between:
- Strategy development and implementation
- Operational transformations
- Organisational reviews
- New business development: organic and M and A-driven
- Providing special task-force support to executive management
You will be solving some of the most important and exciting strategic, organizational and operational challenges Ramboll Group is facing. You will also support the ongoing development of the Group and can expect to be involved in recurring corporate work 10-20% of your time.
The Strategy Partner position is an ideal step for a management consultant, in-house strategist or similar profile to make a transition into a high-responsibility role with direct executive exposure, and to launch a successful corporate career. It is also an opportunity for a current industry professional to advance a wide range of skills working in a high-paced project environment.
For successful hires, the Strategy Partner position offers steep professional development and career growth trajectory towards senior roles in Ramboll Corporate and Ramboll Business Units.
Who we are
Group Strategy and Corporate Development is an international team with diversity in age, gender, educational and professional backgrounds. We pride ourselves in our resourcefulness and quality of our delivery. The team forms the basis of the Executive Office, reporting directly to the CEO of Ramboll Group. It is responsible for key strategic priorities such as Group and Business Unit strategy, Annual Business Planning, Mergers and Acquisitions, Operational Transformations, executive agenda support and priority ad-hoc tasks that are top of mind of the Executive Management of the Group.
Group Strategy and Corporate Development is part of Ramboll Corporate which is a ~60 staff strong team that includes Group Top Management and drives strategic development and coordinates the operations of the 12 Ramboll Principal Business Units.
Ramboll is a leading international engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. We employ more than 14,000 experts and have a strong presence in the Nordics, North America, the UK, Continental Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. With 300 offices in 35 countries we combine local experience with a global knowledge base. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society at large. Ramboll works across the following markets: Buildings, Transport, Environment and Health, Water, Energy and Management Consulting.
With a high organic growth and an ambitious acquisitions agenda during the past 10 years, Ramboll is confidently looking at the opportunities and challenges ahead. Therefore, we are constantly looking for the right talent to bring Ramboll forward on this journey.
As a Strategy Partner in Group Strategy and Corporate Development, you will be responsible for:
- Leading strategic and transformational projects in small dedicated teams
- Managing project consultants on a day-to-day basis
- Creating alignment between project stakeholders
- Facilitating discussions with senior management
- Building and developing strategic knowledge and insights
- Supporting executive management on ad-hoc tasks
The primary place of work is the Ramboll Head Office in Copenhagen. The role assumes 5-10% travel time to other Ramboll locations worldwide depending on project needs.
Group Strategy and Corporate Development has a culture of “doing” vs. “being present” which allows for great flexibility in terms of working hours and location.
Ramboll offers competitive compensation and a wide range of health and well-being benefits.
Key success factors
To succeed in the role, you should have:
- Quick and agile mind combined with a desire to learn and develop
- Mastery of the foundations: outstanding problem solving skills, confidence in communicating with a diverse audience, great team player skills to cooperate across organizational borders
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Leadership skills to motivate self and others
- Empathy and the ability to see things through stakeholders’ eyes
- Self-awareness and the confidence to seek help from others when needed
- Drive, energy and stamina to work in a high-paced environment
- 2-5 years of relevant full-time experience in Management Consulting or a similar Corporate Function in a top-tier firm/company
- Relevant academic background: Master-level degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Finance or a related field of study from a leading university
- International experience is an advantage
- Fluency in English – written and verbal
For further information please contact Dmitry Lazarenko, Group Director Strategy, via email email@example.com.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and a cover letter in English through the Ramboll online recruitment system. Due to the Global Data Privacy Regulations (GDPR), all applications must go through our system, and we cannot accept any applications via email or other platforms.
Deadline for submitting applications is January 25th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed, and candidates interviewed on an ongoing basis. We aim to close the position in February 2019.