We invite you to bring your expertise and energy into play as you work with us to help develop innovative solutions to environmentally complex sites. To succeed in this role you must have diverse technical expertise and strong written and oral communication skills. Are you our new Mid-Level Geologist/Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Ramboll Environment & Health department
As our new Mid-Level Geologist/Engineer you will be part of a collaborative team in our Los Angeles or Irvine, California office, working in a flexible office environment.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Implementing field investigations including air, soil gas, soil, and groundwater sampling programs under the direction of a registered Professional Geologist or Engineer.
- Evaluating, selecting, and designing remediation and pollution control technologies.
- Assisting with the design and implementation of remediation systems at commercial and industrial sites.
- Conducting fieldwork independently that may include: logging of soil borings, well installation oversight, collecting soil/groundwater/soil gas/indoor air samples, and remediation system installation oversight, operation, and maintenance.
- Evaluation of environmental datasets and preparation of technical reports based on the results of field sampling and remediation activities.
- Researching and understanding historical manufacturing operations, and assessing the risk to human health and the environment from current and historic operations and accidental releases from industrial facilities.
- Performing research and assisting with technical analyses of issues related to human exposure to contaminants in the environment.
- Critically reviewing, abstracting, and summarizing regulatory requirements for all areas of environmental compliance (i.e., scientific articles, Federal and state regulations).
- Preparation of permit applications and/or overseeing implementation of permit conditions.
- Assisting in modeling for risk assessments and for contaminant fate and transport.
- Following corporate health and safety standards.
- Preparation of scopes of work and cost estimates.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- BS and/or MS Degree in Physical Sciences (e.g. Geology or Environmental Science) or Civil/Chemical/Environmental Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable environmental consulting experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong time-management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
- Ability to simultaneously perform work on numerous technically complex projects while working on separate technical project teams.
- Comfortable working with subcontractors.
- Experience with PC-based and network applications software including Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.
- Experience independently conducting fieldwork and overseeing subcontractors with little to no supervision.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable form of transportation. The successful candidate will need to provide evidence of a good driving record (MVR) and proof of personal insurance coverage.
- Geologist-in-Training or Engineer-in-Training certification.
- Ability to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist within 2 to 3 years.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations pertaining to site investigation and remediation.
- Skills in applied environmental chemistry, geochemistry and hydrogeology.
- Valid OSHA HAZWOPER training.
- Database (e.g., ACCESS) and GIS or AutoCAD skills.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Ability to drive, travel and/or perform field work out of the office approximately 50% of the time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following actions while conducting fieldwork: stooping/kneeling/crouching, standing for long periods of time, pulling/pushing and lifting equipment and supplies, walking on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work in outdoor environments and hot/arid conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and in proximity to loud noises and hazards (i.e., proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, and exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, and gases). Worker may be required to wear a respirator. Proper training and protective equipment will be provided as necessary
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Ramboll will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance
Workplace Irvine, CA