Typical responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting field and residential site assessment surveys using questionnaires
- Collection and management of environmental and/or residential/institutional samples.
- Compiling and managing sampling data to characterize chemicals in environmental media.
- Assisting in the preparation and editing of technical reports.
- Interactions with the public.
- Oversight of field projects managing subcontractors.
Our ideal technician should possess the following skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Project
- Excellent written and oral communication; proficiency in other language(s) in addition to English a plus
- Good time management
- Detail oriented
- Active listener
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability and willingness to work as a responsible, independent team players in a consulting environment, including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Classwork or experience with fate and transport, hydraulic, and/or hydrogeological modeling and GIS mapping a plus
- Work days begin at 5 am and may vary in duration (6 to 10 hours). Candidates must have reliable transportation to the Chicago Loop area that allows for arrival by 5 am.
- Candidates should have a minimum of an Associates degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geology, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental or Biological Sciences) from an accredited institution and have 0-2 years of experience in a related field.
- The physical requirements of this position include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting up to 40 lbs. In certain situations, this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear PPE on some occasions.
- Current job needs are in the Chicagoland area, but Candidates must be willing to travel up to 75% average over the year and possess a valid driver’s license. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from 1-10 days, depending upon the specific requirements of each project.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Workplace Chicago, IL