Principal Design Engineer - Bridges
We invite you to bring your good designing skills into play as you responsible for carrying out the design check the drawings produced by CAD technicians. To succeed in this role you must have BE/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering. Are you our new Design Engineer - Bridges? Click the apply-button to send your application.?
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave an positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport Domestic department
As our new Design Engineer you will be part of Transport Domestic Business. Office is based at Gurgaon. Transport BU is working on prestigious projects like Mumbai Trans Harbour Link and Major Crossing. You will get the chance to work on iconic projects associated with Ramboll.?Design Engineer shall co-ordinate with Project Manager and Senior Engineer/Technical Manager/Principal Engineer and be primarily involved in delivering the scheduled tasks in the form of design calculations and drawings.
Key Job Areas:
As a member of the Bridge team you will be responsible for:
- carrying out the design and review the work of Assistant Engineers and CAD technicians in the team and maintaining quality of deliverables,
- Overseeing and troubleshooting the work of bridge design, guide Asst. Engineers in carrying out the design calculations and CAD technicians in preparation of the drawings.
- should take initiatives to develop design ability of the Asst. engineers and improve the quality of delivery of the team as whole,
- mentoring Asst. engineers and provide inputs to HoD/Technical manager for the continued development of the staff in the team
Required Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for self-motivated team members who meet the following requirements:
- BE/B. Tech degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute. ME/ M. Tech in Structures would be desirable,
- Should have more than 4 years of experience in bridge design. Knowledge of design codes like Euro code/DMRB/AASHTO/any other international standards would be desirable,
- knowledge of understanding of the analysis and design principles of bridge design,
- have hands on experience in using any of the bridge design software (LUSAS/MIDAS/STAAD Pro etc),
- knowledge of other related software like RM Bridge etc. would be desirable,
- should have knowledge of tools like AutoCAD/Micro station and ensuring drawings are prepared in accordance with CAD standards, internationally recognized standard formats in addition to technical / functional acumen, he should have good communication skills and should be able to present their work.
- Should be a good team member and should coordinate with other team members and the project manager for timely delivery of project
Professional English language skills (written and verbal).
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include ?:-
Good Team Leading Skills
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in India
Ramboll has more than 1,000 experts working across five offices in India applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health and Energy. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application