Geophysical investigation techniques help us to identify geological, geotechnical and hydrogeological parameters from the surface to more than 2000 meters below the ground based on measurements in boreholes, along profiles and on surfaces. By using geophysical surface methods we can estimate the physical conditions of the earth or seabed in 2D or 3D models and link drillings and cone penetration test (CPT) data, for example, to a consistent geological model.
Our primary fields of expertise are:
- Seismic profiling, including reflection and refraction surveys and surface wave seismics
- Marine studies
- Logging of boreholes and Vertical Seismic Profiling (VSP)
- Transient electromagnetic sounding (TEM) studies
- CVES (Continuous Vertical Electrical Sounding ) or Multi-electrode Profiling (MEP) studies
- Magnetic Resonance Sounding (MRS)
- Airborne geophysical methods – SkyTEM and Helicopter electromagnetic (HEM) surveys
- Georadar surveys
- Metal detector/UXO surveys
- Other fields of expertise such as gravimetry
- Our geophysical studies are based on the analysis and interpretation of field measurements. The quality of the field measurements is critical to the reliability of the results.
Educated and experienced consultants
At Ramboll we have both highly educated and experienced consultants and a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art tools and instruments at our disposal. We also employ qualified technicians who are responsible for the development, calibration and maintenance of our equipment.
We carry out all kinds of projects from minor jobs for water supply companies to major marine feasibility studies for natural gas pipelines, bridges and wind farms. We also apply our broad knowledge of geophysical methods to a wide range of highly specialised jobs such as oil and gas exploration, mining, geothermal power and CO2 storage.