Ramboll carries out projects of all sizes and manages every phase, from planning, initial investigation, design and tender to implementation, inspection and supervision.
Our services cover every aspect of geotechnics and foundation engineering:
- The planning and interpretation of geotechnical investigations
- Marine structures
- Soil-structure interaction
- Advanced modelling
- International geotechnics
- Construction and infrastructure projects
- Foundation design
- Foundation reinforcement and renovation
- Construction pits and retaining walls
- Tieback anchors
- Pile foundations and analyses
- Slope stability and stability analyses
- Earthquake engineering
Our projects cover everything from single-family houses to bridges and offshore platforms. No matter what task our geotechnical experts undertake, they deliver world-class results based on many years of experience and innovation.
We also carry out research and development projects that focus on environmentally sustainable solutions. These include:
- Geotechnical, environmental and geo-radar tests in situ and in the laboratory
- Stabilisation testing of soft materials (peat, mud, silt, clay, sediment)
- Recipe development and R&D into new binder materials from industrial by-products
- Renovating and improving road structures using recycled industrial by-products
- Landfill construction and groundwater protection, built using recycled industrial by-products
- References from over 250 R&D projects on deep, mass and layer stabilisation
Geophysics deals with the physical properties of the earth, and the atmosphere. Ramboll’s geophysics services apply science to constructions such as building, groundwater protection, sustainability and marine construction.
Using our large selection of instruments, we can carry out almost any kind of geophysical investigation. In particular, we focus on:
- Seismic investigations – of any kind
- Borehole logging
- Marine investigations
- Electric and electromagnetic investigations
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Geodesy and geographical coordinate systems
Geophysical investigations are based on the analysis and interpretation of collected field measurements – so the quality of these measurements is crucial. Our technicians specialise in calibrating, maintaining and developing measuring equipment. Using our own equipment ensures that employees always have detailed knowledge of the tools they are operating. It also helps us ensure that the equipment is always in excellent working condition. We can also optimise measuring routines in a continuous process.
Engineering geologists interpret observed and mapped geological data. They create conceptual models that illustrate the engineering-geological classification of each rock unit. Civil engineers then use these data and interpretations to make crucial building decisions.
Our engineering geologists have years of experience with this process. They understand the geological and non-geological factors that can influence rock slope stability. So even though the factors may vary considerably in a given area, you can be sure you’ll get accurate results.
Our rock engineering services include:
- The definition of potential problems
- The quantification of input parameters
- Calculation and evaluation
- Risk assessment
- Design and analysis